Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 7 : July 15, 2011
Union Creek Campground to Baker City, OR
23 Miles
*
The morning air was very crisp and it made my cup of coffee that much more enjoyable.
I packed up camp, and once again as I was intending to leave I was held
up by a flat.
*
I spent an extended time again taking off searching the tire and tube, putting back on and inflating.
A wonderful lady from the camp next to mine came over and offered to run the tube through their
dishwash tub.
Less than five minutes, sure enough a needle point size hole created bubbles in the water.
It hit me that the staple I removed from the tire
the previous day must have gone all the way through the tire to create the hole.
I patched it up.
Through this whole process, I realized I was blessed with the kind and generous hearts of these families.
They were part of a large Church group
spending the weekend enjoying the outdoors, fellowship, and worship.
They prayed over me for safety and guidance, and sent me on my way with 2 delicious muffins :)
*
I made my way to Baker City, and found a local sport shop where I could pick
up new tires and tubes and flat repair patches.
I clenched my teeth as I paid for the new tires...  They were heavy duty, and have the
repertoire of preventing flats... So in my mind all worth it.
We'll see over the path of time.
*
Miner's Jubilee was going on in town.
I decided I was going to stay for the rest of the day.
I enjoyed the downtown shops.
The carnival foods.
and Went to a Bronc Riding Rodeo that night.
It was pretty fun.  But I admit to myself I would have much
rather kept riding on.

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about the kindness of the people you have met up with! Maybe the world isn't so bad afterall :)
    ps - Did you find yourself a cowboy at the rodeo?

    ReplyDelete