Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 29/23 : August 6, 2011
Nashua, MT to Culbertson, MT
*
We took our time to get up this morning.
While making our breakfast, a young kid kept riding back and forth on his bike.
After about the 7th time, Greg said, "Hey man, whats up?"
And for the next hour in a half we
had the company of the 13 yr old boy.
*
We finally were on the road around noon.
*
I struggled today.
My mind  was distracted with the emotions and feelings that continually lingered from the incident a couple days ago.
It effected me physically too.
I couldn't get into a groove of riding.
I was defensively riding.
Even with Greg there.
The scenery was the same.
Similar vehicles would drive by me.
It was all to familiar.
And I couldn't enjoy what I was doing. And who I was doing it with.
*
Greg sensed I was having an off day.
He stopped. I pedalled past.
He then pedals past handing me this sunflower.
*
We took a break in Wolf Point 35miles into our ride.
We ran into another rider heading West.
*
60 Miles to Culbertson.
With it being about 5PM
we would be finishing in the dark.
*

Everything was annoying me.
The wind.
The route.
The bumps.
My bike.
The food I was eating.
I stopped for a moment along the road, and when Greg got to me
he asked if I was doing okay.
I said,  "I am annoyed by everything."
He said, "Do you want me to stay behind?"
I said, "NO. That is annoying me."
He took off ahead.
Damn.
*

*
There was a solo tree in this field.
And when I saw it, that was me.
I wanted a picture.
So I reach for my phone, and while doing so,
I wipe out.
Karma bitch.
I laugh at myself.
and Snap the picture.
*
I hopped back on and pedalled up to Greg.
I said.
"THere are 2 reasons why you aren't allowed to get ahead of me."
"Okay."
"1. Because I am scared when I can't see you.
and
 2. Because if I wipe out you won't get to laugh at me."
*
It was a pretty sunset
and we continued on.
*
We made it into Culbertson a little after 9.
Stopped at the only open convenient store.
Popcorn.
Ice cream.
Beer.
Found ourselves a park and pavillion.
And enjoyed one anothers company.


No comments:

Post a Comment