Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 23/19: July 31, 2011
Cut Bank, MT to Hingham, MT
*
The fellow biker and I said bon voyage and I hit the road.
*
It was another HOT day.
and I found myself in a similiar water situation as before.
*
I had purchased an extra bottle to have on the bike with me, but I believe I
was still dehydrated from the day before.
*
I counted railroad cars to distract my mind for a couple minutes.
This one : had 140.
I remember.
It was the longest one I had ever seen.
It had to be going somewhere important to have that many.... I wanted to jump on it.

*
Resources were very sparce. 
Once again, buildings were closed up.
I stopped in Galata and knocked on the office door of a motel.  I could hear a T.V. and people talking.
No one answered the door.  I just wanted water.
...maybe that is why they didn't answer.
It was 70 miles before I took my first break where I got
off the bike and sat.
Chester.
 I sat in AC for 2.5 hours waiting for the afternoon heat to back off.
....
*
A little after 6PM I hit the road.
I crossed paths with an older Italian man heading West.
He had started in Boston.  And was ready to get out of the Midwest and plains.
*
I continued on 27 miles to Hingham.
Pop. 157
Dark skies were threatening.
Camped under a pavillion in their surprisingly pretty, well-kept city park.
With running water, flushable toilets, and hose.
I still camped in my tent ... for some reason it made me feel safer.
*



No comments:

Post a Comment