Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 26 : August 3, 2011
Hinsdale, MT
*
Last night I was 'in shock' with emotion and disbelief, that I was denying that I couldn't get back on my bike and keep riding.
I didn't realize how serious and risky of a situation I was in.
I didn't sleep well.
Even with doors and windows locked and some sort of obstruction placed in front.
And this morning, the incidence angered me more and more.
It created raw emotion and feelings.
I didn't want to believe I was in this situation.
I wanted
Home.
Safety.
I was
Nervous.
I wanted
 to complete this ride.
But,
Not on my own.
I couldn't enjoy it.
I need someone.
It wouldn't be what I was hoping to make of this trip.
Freedom.
Confidence.
Independence.
Discovery.
*
I joined the family for the day of the cabin I was staying in.
It gave me some distractions.
I helped with the kids 4-H projects.
Took a tour around their farm.
and
Shot arrows.





*
Greg offered to join me.
He wanted to see me be able to complete this journey.
And he was willing to change his plan and route for that to happen.
*
My family understood how bad I wanted to complete this trip.
*
34 miles away in Glasgow, there was a very small airport.
My dad purchased a plane ticket
and Greg was scheduled to arrive
August 5.
Thanks Greg.




No comments:

Post a Comment