Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 24/20 : August 1, 2011
Hingham, MT to Havre, MT
*
I woke to what I thought was rain, but it was the sprinklers hitting the pavillion.
*
I had a short ride planned for today
 so I closed my eyes again.
*
I was only riding about 37 miles to Havre.
There was a hotel room waiting for me.
My brothers treat.
*
It was a hot again, but luckily with some cloud cover.

 This train was 204 cars.
*
And those were the top sites for the day.
*
When I arrived in town, pleasantly surprised by the size, I called up the bike shop
to find their location.
 I have been having trouble with my bike seat,
and was hoping for a trade.
When I arrived it was stocked with bikes from ceiling to floor.
No joke.
He was climbing over bikes to show me some of the
saddles he had.
None suited.
*
After a couple other stops,
I paid a visit to
Scotty's.
and They had an ice cream challenge.
Right up my ally.
It was named
 "The Big Sky"
A 12-scoop challenge.
If you finished, your picture was put on the wall.
If you finished in record time, you got it free.
And, if I finished it...
I would be the first solo girl to do it.
I finished it easily.
I was going for the gold, but was soon interrupted by a gentlemen and his daughters
swamping me with questions.
I still at it in 20 mins.
Half way through, the manager asked, "How I was doing?"
I fib, and I followed with,  "It is going to be tough."
I laughed inside.
At the end, he asked if I was going to beable to get on my bike.
"Well I hope."
I was thinking...I could finish another.




No comments:

Post a Comment