Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 18 (14 of riding) : July 26, 2011
Missoula, MT to Seeley Lake, MT
64 Miles
***
A 9AM start was planned.
I managed to set my multiple alarms the night before on my phone
 to make for an early rise,
which was pointless because unknowingly the volume was on
silent.
*
Greg and I woke at the time we had planned to be on the road.
*
The night before we tried having a conversation to figure our whether we were going to continue on together.
There was no final consensus before bed.
Making the morning a bit quit.
Awkward.
Keeping to ourselves and getting our own gear together.
Little conversation.
Finally, while Greg cooked his breakfast
and I ate my microwave popped popcorn and banana with peanut butter,
I said, "I think we should continue on our own routes."
So there the decision was made.
We would be parting ways after we went to REI to buy myself a tent.
(((I love my hammock but :
1. Finding the 4 perfect trees every night to properly set it up
 was more annoying after a day of biking than what I anticipated .
2.  It was a battle every night to stay warm.
3.  I spent more nights cacooned in it on the ground then above the ground.
4.  Ability to occupy inside is extremely difficult.
*
We met Paul downtown in front of ACA Headquarters.
Said our Good - Byes.
And it was back to pedalin'.
*
It was strange to be hitting the road alone again.
*
The miles seemed to drag out.
*
But, the landscapes were beautiful.



*
I was keeping a pretty good pace, but as soon as I turned North on 83 I hit a ridiculous head wind.
My pace went down to 8mph.  And every 2 miles I was taking a break.
The 40 miles I intended to cover over the rest of the day
were unlikely.
*
I called it a day at a campground in Seeley Lake.
The only story I have for the day is a chipmunk joined me for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment